10 Month Faculty - Accounting
10 Month Faculty - Accounting
ol10-Month Faculty - Accounting
LOCATION: W.A. Lettinga Campus; Grand Rapids, Michigan
DEPARTMENT: Donald W. Maine College of Business, Accounting Department
Pay: $65,000 - $70,000 per year
We are looking for a confident, innovative accounting professional with the desire to teach and mentor our students in the accounting discipline as a member of the faculty in the Donald W. Maine College of Business. Do you have at least five years of experience working in public accounting, managerial accounting, or as an auditor or actuary? Would you be a great partner with other academic leaders to review the accounting curriculum and develop a growth strategy for the program? Do you enjoy putting your own stamp on what you are teaching? If this sounds like you, we would like to meet you.
What you will do:
• Join an existing faculty team to refine and grow the accounting curriculum and enrollment at Davenport University.
• Teach 30 credits per academic year (August 1 through May 31)
• Assist the Department Chair in the development and review of Accounting curriculum
• Participate and contribute in different department initiatives (i.e., Accounting Honors Program, Association for Corporate Growth-ACG Cup competition, VITA, Study Tables, etc.)
• Prepare to teach in all locations and modalities including online
• Be available to teach day, night, weekend, and/or off-campus courses.
• Implement a learning environment consistent with the vision of the University in delivering practical education to assist students in their career direction.
• Participate equitably in committee assignments and University events.
• Make recommendations and revise current courses.
• Evaluate and recommend texts and instructional materials.
• Participate in the assessment processes of the University.
• Participate in curriculum or institutional self-studies.
• Research job requirements and employment trends.
• Recruit professional representatives for Curriculum Advisory Committees.
• Regularly work with Admissions advisors for the purpose of explaining programs to potential students.
• Be available to respond to students' needs (minimum of ten hours per week).
• Assist in the supervision and placement of students during internships.
• Participate in scheduled faculty meetings, in-service and training programs, student orientations, convocation, and commencement ceremonies. Faculty members will be available to attend meetings scheduled prior to the start of the academic year and after the end of the academic year.
• Prepare an annual professional development plan
• Maintain current active membership in at least one (1) relevant professional association in the discipline.
What you will need:
• Master's Degree in Accounting. Doctoral Degree in related field preferred.
• Minimum of three years of experience teaching full or part time in higher education.
• Minimum of five years professional experience in a related field.
• CPA or CMA Preferred.
• Demonstrated credentials and knowledge in discipline.
• Experience in planning and developing courses.
• Professional manner and attire.
• Ability to teach one to four hours per class.
• Ability to attend all classroom sessions on time and be prepared for each class.
• Willingness to continue education.
• Commitment to life-long learning and professional development.
• Demonstrated ability to teach classes in multiple formats including in-seat and online.
• Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
• Ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
• Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the university.
Our culture, benefits and perks Empower U with:
• Freedom to grow. We offer free or reduced tuition for staff, spouses and dependents. Nationally recognized internal training and leadership programs, and career development. Is your program not available at DU? Ask about Tuition Assistance.
• A caring culture DU values work-life balance, an employer 403(b) contribution plus the opportunity for an additional employer match with an employee contribution, paid volunteer time off, relocation benefits and more.
• A Healthier U. Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Wellness program, Employee Discounts, and access to Employee Assistance and Coaching Programs (EAP).
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Davenport, we believe that engaging diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to achieving educational and institutional excellence. We invite you to join us as we band together to create an environment of equity and inclusivity that leverages diverse life experiences, ideas, backgrounds and perspectives. We respect diversity and are committed to fostering an environment of support, inclusiveness and learning, both in the workplace and throughout the application process. With that in mind, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, Veterans and the LGBTQ + community. We recognize that not all job seekers have all the preferred qualifications listed in the job ad, but we strongly recommend that you apply if you meet most of the criteria.
About Davenport University:
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 155 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve.
Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
EEO-Davenport University is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.
A link to the full position description: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://docs.google.com/document/d/12l-pMmTa0UfGu56qnPuysL28WDzSbU3LT6FW9AwIry8/edit?usp%3Dsharing&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1670272655062506&usg=AOvVaw29bNebRG3ZKsrSRjxdYdR2
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3901197
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.