10 Month Nursing Faculty - Lansing
10 Month Nursing Faculty - Lansing
10-Month Faculty -Nursing
LOCATION: Lansing, Michigan
DEPARTMENT: Academics - College of Health Professions
Pay: $68,000 - $72,000 per year - Salary will be commensurate with experience and degree
Nursing Faculty members are responsible for establishing and promoting an effective learning environment for students and successfully achieving quality outcomes for assigned courses. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values, which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
What you will do:
• Teach 24 credits per academic year. Alternative schedules may be arranged with prior approval of the Program Director. Classes are to meet on time for the full-allotted time.
• Prepared to teach in all locations and modalities including online (synchronous and asynchronous), in-seat, and off-campus sites including dual/middle college.
• Available to teach day, night, weekend, and/or off-campus courses.
• Implement a learning environment consistent with the vision of the University in delivering practical education to assist students in their career direction.
• Assist the Department Chair in the development, review, and revision of a current and practical curriculum within the department.
• Participate equitably in committee assignments and University events.
What you will need:
• Master's Degree in Nursing required.
• Pediatric experience preferred.
• Doctoral Degree preferred. As a condition of an offer of employment, Davenport University ultimately requires a doctorate degree. A development plan will be implemented indicating steps to achieve a doctorate degree.
• Unencumbered / Current nursing license.
• Demonstrated teaching ability through experience as nurse educator, nursing staff development educator, preceptor, clinical instructor or other equivalent.
• Clinical nursing and/or leadership experience commensurate with assigned courses.
• Demonstrated credentials and knowledge in discipline, commensurate with assigned courses.
• Demonstrated a professional manner and attire.
• Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze data, read and process detailed information in written form.
Our culture, benefits and perks Empower U with:
• Freedom to grow. We offer free or reduced tuition for staff, spouses and dependents. Nationally recognized internal training and leadership programs, and career development. Is your program not available at DU? Ask about Tuition Assistance.
• A caring culture DU values work-life balance, an employer 403(b) contribution plus the opportunity for an additional employer match with an employee contribution, paid volunteer time off, relocation benefits and more.
• A Healthier U. Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Wellness program, Employee Discounts, and access to Employee Assistance and Coaching Programs (EAP).
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Davenport, we believe that engaging diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to achieving educational and institutional excellence. We invite you to join us as we band together to create an environment of equity and inclusivity that leverages diverse life experiences, ideas, backgrounds and perspectives. We respect diversity and are committed to fostering an environment of support, inclusiveness and learning, both in the workplace and throughout the application process. With that in mind, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, Veterans and the LGBTQ + community. We recognize that not all job seekers have all the preferred qualifications listed in the job ad, but we strongly recommend that you apply if you meet most of the criteria.
About Davenport University:
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 155 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve.
Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
EEO-Davenport University is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.
A link to the full position description: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o6_6ORzaHlIqnXoVGOjdhKVI4XDRZURkSOMI1HZKAvw/edit?usp%3Dsharing28WDzSbU3LT6FW9AwIry8/edit?usp%3Dsharing&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1670251694762621&usg=AOvVaw1gFmKmj6qiNwifewLcX47N
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3801264
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.