Admissions Rep - Adult
Admissions Rep - Adult
WORK LOCATION: Warren Campus
TARGET HIRING RANGE: $42,000
This position will establish and maintain internal and external partnerships to generate new student inquiries and secure applications for admission. Utilizing an entrepreneurial spirit, Admission Representatives will develop an enrollment strategy to meet their objectives. Admissions Representatives must successfully transition new students into developing working relationships with Advisors. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Generate admissions inquiries through personal and professional contacts, corporate partnerships, community organizations, current students, alumni, and other lead generation initiatives.
• Meet/Contact prospective new students through various means including inbound and outbound phone calls, scheduled and unscheduled appointments, lead cards, web inquiries, admission applications, and internal and external events.
• Adhere to established follow-up activity policies and communication plans for prospective students, and demonstrate an adaptive recruiting approach as appropriate for each student.
• Work with students to successfully complete the application process, including the receipt of all required documentation for admission.
• Remain the point of contact for all new students from inquiry to start of classes, facilitating the transition to the advisor.
• Assist students with financial aid planning, payment arrangements, and scholarship opportunities.
• Perform unofficial transcript evaluations.
• Once application is secured, if necessary, schedule entrance assessment and interpret and discuss test results with the student as needed.
• Document all prospective student and new student interactions in the appropriate student information systems.
• Efficiently utilize computer systems and databases to research, analyze, and present data.
• Book and deliver group admission presentations.
• Develop and maintain partnerships with referral groups and organizations.
• Assist in assigned student recruitment events.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships within the University and community.
• Attend and participate in required training programs.
• Adhere to all privacy (i.e. FERPA) rules and regulations.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Provide GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
• Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree (from an accredited institution) required, preferably in business, marketing or sales related field.
• Demonstrated successful outside sales experience required. Experience in a higher education setting is preferred.
• Bilingual candidates preferred.
• Demonstrated effective public speaking skills.
• Strong organizational skills, motivation and self-direction.
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and manner.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, meet deadlines, and accomplish goals.
• Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with technology systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
• Must be highly motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
• Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain). Moderate travel, including overnight stays.
Lifting of 25 lbs. or more as warranted for business presentations.
• Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
Our culture, benefits and perks Empower U with:
• Freedom to grow. We offer free or reduced tuition for staff, spouses and dependents. Nationally recognized internal training and leadership programs, and career development. Is your program not available at DU? Ask about Tuition Assistance.
• A caring culture. DU values work-life balance and offers generous and flexible paid time off, 403(b) with an employer contribution plus the opportunity for an additional employer match with an employee contribution, paid volunteer time off, relocation benefits and more…
• A Healthier U. Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Wellness program, free use of Athletic Facilities, Employee Discounts, and access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Davenport, we believe that engaging diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to achieving educational and institutional excellence. We invite you to join us as we band together to create an environment of equity and inclusivity that leverages diverse life experiences, ideas, backgrounds and perspectives. We respect diversity and are committed to fostering an environment of support, inclusiveness and learning, both in the workplace and throughout the application process. With that in mind, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, Veterans and the LGBTQ + community. We recognize that not all job seekers have all the preferred qualifications listed in the job ad, but we strongly recommend that you apply if you meet most of the criteria.
About Davenport University:
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 155 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve.
Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
EEO-Davenport University is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3703353
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.