Asst Coach-Football Operations & Laundry Equipment Coordinator
Asst Coach-Football Operations & Laundry Equipment Coordinator
Assistant Coach - Football Operations & Laundry Equipment Coordinator
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI. W.A Lettinga Campus
Pay: $31,000 per year
This is a dual role blending responsibilities for both assistant coach and laundry coordinator. As an Assistant Coach, this position has responsibilities which include assistant coaching, practice planning and recruitment of the team. As a Laundry & Equipment Coordinator this position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all facets of the laundry facility and team equipment needs at Farmers Insurance Athletic Complex. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of inter-collegiate games and practices.
• Assist the head coach to build a cohesive and competitive program.
• Assist supervisor in the monitoring of the student athletes academic performance.
• Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
• Understand and abide by universal standards of confidentiality and ethical decision-making.
• Responsible for assisting the head coach with recruiting of student athletes.
• Responsible for taking a leadership role in the athletic program.
• Assist Athletic Department in athletic issues as needed.
• Responsible for oversight of the laundry operations and equipment needs of Farmers Insurance Athletic Complex, including but not limited to equipment operation, handling of contaminated goods, stain removal, maintenance of team equipment and goods distribution.
• Responsible for the hiring, training, evaluation, and scheduling of student employees in the basic operation of the laundry and equipment needs of Farmers Insurance Athletic Complex
• Operates mechanical equipment within the laundry, including but not limited to washers/extractors, dryers and hand irons.
• Launder soiled uniforms and towels and other laundry serviced materials, including personally supervising and handling the stain treatment and mechanical laundering or destruction of grossly contaminated uniforms and towels including proper disposal.
• Provide light maintenance of equipment, including but not limited to lint filter cleaning,proper disinfection of mechanical equipment and daily inspection of equipment to detect obvious maintenance issues.
• Responsible for distribution, collection, organization, repair and inventory of team uniforms, apparel, equipment and additional laundered items.
• Responsible for any on-site maintenance needs of team equipment at Farmers Insurance Athletic Complex.
• Maintain effective, accurate and timely oral and written communications with University supervision and management, including but not limited to operational procedures, laundry room work orders, equipment orders and uniform and towel levels.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
• Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to: criminal background check, employment reference checks, and drug/alcohol screening.
• Minimum 1 to 3 years of advanced men's football coaching experience. College assistant coaching preferred.
• Two years preferred experience in a commercial or institutional laundry, preferably with organizational or supervisory responsibilities.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret simple English written communications, including but not limited to machine operating instructions, instructions from supervisor and management, and chemical bottle and container labels.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English in order to efficiently, effectively and safely operate the laundry.
• Must have organization, inventory and record keeping skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; self-motivated and directed in individual work assignments and ability to meet deadlines and accomplish goals.
• Ability to handle stress, changing priorities and emergency situations in a calm and efficient manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate tactfully and courteously to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate professionalism and confidentiality.
• Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the university.
• Must be able to perform repetitive body mechanics, including but not limited to standing, stretching, twisting, bending, crouching and kneeling. Regular lifting up to 50 lbs. occasional lifting up to 75 pounds.Use of telephone and personal computer (eye strain, repetitive hand motions).
• Must be able to work an occasional irregular schedule, evenings, Saturday or Sunday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required for emergencies.
Our culture, benefits and perks Empower U with:
• Freedom to grow. We offer free or reduced tuition for staff, spouses and dependents. Nationally recognized internal training and leadership programs, and career development. Is your program not available at DU? Ask about Tuition Assistance.
• A caring culture. DU values work-life balance and offers generous and flexible paid time off, 403(b) with an employer contribution plus the opportunity for an additional employer match with an employee contribution, paid volunteer time off, relocation benefits and more…
• A Healthier U. Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Wellness program, free use of Athletic Facilities, Employee Discounts, and access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Davenport, we believe that engaging diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to achieving educational and institutional excellence. We invite you to join us as we band together to create an environment of equity and inclusivity that leverages diverse life experiences, ideas, backgrounds and perspectives. We respect diversity and are committed to fostering an environment of support, inclusiveness and learning, both in the workplace and throughout the application process. With that in mind, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, Veterans and the LGBTQ + community. We recognize that not all job seekers have all the preferred qualifications listed in the job ad, but we strongly recommend that you apply if you meet most of the criteria.
About Davenport University:
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. For more than 150 years, Davenport has stood apart from other universities because of its unrelenting focus on ensuring its graduates rise to the top of the job market. Its unique approach to education offers students a career-centered curriculum and empowers them with real-world experience. Thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve.
Davenport recently earned the 2020 Michigan Performance Excellence Award, the first university in Michigan to earn this recognition. In 2021, Davenport was one of seven organizations chosen for a site review, the final step to earning the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
The university continues to be recognized for its work to create a strong culture and embrace diversity and inclusion. As a result, it has been named one of the nation's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For and earned the Excellence in Diversity Award from Insight into Diversity eight times in the last nine years.
Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
EEO-Davenport University is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3864081
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.