Asst. Coach-Women's Volleyball
Asst. Coach-Women's Volleyball
Assistant Coach - Women's Volleyball (FT)
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI. W.A. Lettinga Campus
Actual pay offered will be commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience, and pay equity both internal and external.
This position has responsibilities that include assistant coaching, practice planning and recruitment. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, and values which include diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Assist the Head Coach in providing instruction to student athletes regarding the specific skills needed to play the sport, to build and inspire great teamwork, and for their own character development.
• Assist in the planning, organization, and implementation of inter-collegiate games and practices.
• Assist the head coach to build a cohesive and competitive program.
• Assist supervisor in the monitoring of the student athletes academic performance.
• Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
• Understand and abide by universal standards of confidentiality and ethical decision-making.
• Responsible for assisting the head coach with recruiting of student athletes.
• Responsible for taking a leadership role in the athletic program.
• Assist Athletic Department in athletic issues as needed.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies.
• This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations
• Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
• Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
• High School diploma required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to: standard criminal background check and employment reference checks. Select positions may be subject to drug/alcohol screening.
• Minimum one to three years of advanced coaching experience. College coaching experience preferred.
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
• Strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
• Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
• Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
• Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
• Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain). Some travel between locations required (own transportation). May require some heavy lifting.
Our culture, benefits and perks Empower U with:
• Freedom to grow. We offer free or reduced tuition for staff, spouses and dependents. Nationally recognized internal training and leadership programs, and career development. Is your program not available at DU? Ask about Tuition Assistance.
• A caring culture. DU values work-life balance and offers generous and flexible paid time off, 403(b) with an employer contribution plus the opportunity for an additional employer match with an employee contribution, paid volunteer time off, relocation benefits and more…
• A Healthier U. Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Wellness program, free use of Athletic Facilities, Employee Discounts, and access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Davenport, we believe that engaging diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to achieving educational and institutional excellence. We invite you to join us as we band together to create an environment of equity and inclusivity that leverages diverse life experiences, ideas, backgrounds and perspectives. We respect diversity and are committed to fostering an environment of support, inclusiveness and learning, both in the workplace and throughout the application process. With that in mind, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, Veterans and the LGBTQ + community. We recognize that not all job seekers have all the preferred qualifications listed in the job ad, but we strongly recommend that you apply if you meet most of the criteria.
About Davenport University:
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. For more than 150 years, Davenport has stood apart from other universities because of its unrelenting focus on ensuring its graduates rise to the top of the job market. Its unique approach to education offers students a career-centered curriculum and empowers them with real-world experience. Thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve.
Davenport recently earned the 2020 Michigan Performance Excellence Award, the first university in Michigan to earn this recognition. In 2021, Davenport was one of seven organizations chosen for a site review, the final step to earning the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
The university continues to be recognized for its work to create a strong culture and embrace diversity and inclusion. As a result, it has been named one of the nation's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For and earned the Excellence in Diversity Award from Insight into Diversity eight times in the last nine years.
Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
EEO-Davenport University is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3809603
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.