Asst Manager-Athletic Communications
Asst Manager-Athletic Communications
Assistant Manager - Athletics Communications
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI. W.A. Lettinga Campus
Pay: $38,000 per year
Under the general direction of Assistant Director of Athletics for Communications, the Athletics Communications Coordinator is responsible for assisting with communication needs for the athletic department. This position is also responsible for administrative duties within the athletic department. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision and cultural values.
• Assist with compiling, disseminating, and maintaining sports statistics for intercollegiate athletic teams.
• Assists in updating and maintaining content on the Athletic webpage.
• Assists in maintaining social platforms associated with the athletic department.
• Assist with the development of promotional material for athletic programs.
• Aides in administering information to the media and the public on the department and its athletic programs.
Awesome if You Have:
• A strong passion for Statistics!
• A demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
• A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
Extra Awesome If You Have:
• A strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to: standard criminal background check and employment reference checks. Select positions may be subject to drug/alcohol screening.
• A commitment to advancing our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our culture, benefits and perks Empower U with:
• A Freedom to grow. We offer free or reduced tuition for staff, spouses and dependents. Nationally recognized internal training and leadership programs, and career development. Is your program not available at DU? Ask about Tuition Assistance.
• A caring culture. DU values work-life balance and offers generous and flexible paid time off, 403(b) with an employer contribution plus the opportunity for an additional employer match with an employee contribution, paid volunteer time off, relocation benefits and more…
• A Healthier U. Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Wellness program, free use of Athletic Facilities, Employee Discounts, and access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Davenport, we believe that engaging diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to achieving educational and institutional excellence. We invite you to join us as we band together to create an environment of equity and inclusivity that leverages diverse life experiences, ideas, backgrounds and perspectives. We respect diversity and are committed to fostering an environment of support, inclusiveness and learning, both in the workplace and throughout the application process. With that in mind, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, Veterans and the LGBTQ + community. We recognize that not all job seekers have all the preferred qualifications listed in the job ad, but we strongly recommend that you apply if you meet most of the criteria.
About Davenport University:
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. For more than 150 years, Davenport has stood apart from other universities because of its unrelenting focus on ensuring its graduates rise to the top of the job market. Its unique approach to education offers students a career-centered curriculum and empowers them with real-world experience. Thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve.
Davenport recently earned the 2020 Michigan Performance Excellence Award, the first university in Michigan to earn this recognition. In 2021, Davenport was one of seven organizations chosen for a site review, the final step to earning the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
The university continues to be recognized for its work to create a strong culture and embrace diversity and inclusion. As a result, it has been named one of the nation's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For and earned the Excellence in Diversity Award from Insight into Diversity eight times in the last nine years.
Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
EEO-Davenport University is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3747820
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.