Teaching & Learning Coord - College of Technology
Teaching & Learning Coord - College of Technology
LOCATION: W.A. Lettinga Campus - Grand Rapids, Michigan
TARGET PAY: $23,500
The Teaching and Learning Coordinator (TLC) supports the Associate Department Chair (ADC) and academic department(s) in the effective delivery and presentation of high-quality online courses to standards defined and established by the colleges and/or accreditation boards. This is accomplished through their participation, as assigned by the ADC, in course observation and review, mentoring of online faculty, course content maintenance and identification of areas for continuous improvement in online course delivery. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Teach 12 credits per academic year. Oversees the appropriate number of sections per session to balance workload and maintain 24 hours per week. Prepared to teach in all locations and modalities including online (synchronous and asynchronous), in-seat, and off-campus sites including dual/middle college. - Must be able to be credentialed to teach in the College of Tech.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
• Demonstrate and promote the University's cultural values.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Observes the online teaching skill set of assigned adjunct faculty and mentors and encourages continuous improvement following the guidelines of the Online Instructional Responsibilities document.
• Assists with preparation of online master course templates for upcoming academic semester/session, prior to course copying.
• Performs online course readiness checks and mid-session observations in accordance with prescribed schedule.
• Provides ADC with an online engagement report for each course of responsibility, mentoring online adjunct faculty members as assigned.
• Updates online Master course shells as directed by the ADC to meet requirements of the Academic Department.
Awesome if You Have:
• Master Degree in course subject area, and work related experience plus any required licenses to practice.
• Previously demonstrated mentoring/coaching experience
• The ability to travel between locations (own transportation).
Extra Awesome If You Have:
• Terminal degree in course subject area, and additional certifications.
• A minimum of two years online teaching experience with 3 sections of online teaching and mentoring experience at Davenport preferred.
Our culture, benefits and perks Empower U with:
• Freedom to grow. We offer free or reduced tuition for staff, spouses and dependents. Nationally recognized internal training and leadership programs, and career development. Is your program not available at DU? Ask about Tuition Assistance.
• A caring culture DU values work-life balance and offers generous and flexible paid time off, 403(b) with an employer contribution plus the opportunity for an additional employer match with an employee contribution, paid volunteer time off, relocation benefits and more…
• A Healthier U. Wellness program, free use of Athletic Facilities, Employee Discounts, and access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP.)
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Davenport, we believe that engaging diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to achieving educational and institutional excellence. We invite you to join us as we band together to create an environment of equity and inclusivity that leverages diverse life experiences, ideas, backgrounds and perspectives. We respect diversity and are committed to fostering an environment of support, inclusiveness and learning, both in the workplace and throughout the application process. With that in mind, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, Veterans and the LGBTQ + community. We recognize that not all job seekers have all the preferred qualifications listed in the job ad, but we strongly recommend that you apply if you meet most of the criteria.
About Davenport University:
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 155 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve.
Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
EEO-Davenport University is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3696736
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.