Click here to apply on our job board!
This hands-on position is responsible for working with a team to proactively maintain the grounds and properties of private residences. Responsibilities will include daily landscaping, preventative care, and grounds maintenance.
Location and Hours
The position is located at private residences in Ada (90%) and Holland (10%), Michigan with willingness to travel to other properties as needed.
Full-time position with typical hours of Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm with the ability to be flexible as needed. There will be an expectation to be on-call one weekend per month.
Our Unique Benefits
We are intentional about enriching our employment experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid time off programs including vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays.
- Training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You'll Do
- Perform general yard work: mowing, trimming, weed removal, edging, snow removal, pruning, clean-up, fertilizing, etc.
- Assist with maintaining lawn, shrubs, flower beds, plants, and seasonal gardens.
- Maintain irrigation and sprinkler systems, including repairs and adjustments as needed.
- Ensure all walkways, driveways, outdoor furniture, and parking areas are clear of debris on a daily basis. Remove dust, dirt, leaves, and snow to ensure safe conditions at all times.
- Assist with grounds preparation and support of special events that take place at the residence, including other special duties as assigned by the Property Manager.
- Assist with tree removal and deadfall as needed, including the use of a chainsaw.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance, and proper use of power tools and other lawn equipment used to maintain the grounds and the interior and exterior areas of the residence.
- Exercise extreme safety and caution when using power tools and other lawn equipment, following all established equipment requirements.
- Perform a variety of exterior maintenance duties, such as maintenance building window washing, cleaning eaves troughs, pressure washing, cleaning lawn sculptures, and pond and stream maintenance.
- Assist with seasonal areas i.e., patios, grilling areas, etc.
- Assist with washing, fueling, and detailing of family vehicles as needed. Exercise extreme safety and caution if driving family vehicles.
- Assist with holiday decorating including hanging and removal of exterior Christmas lights.
- Assist with other household duties as needed such as changing light bulbs, emptying trashes, cleaning garages and storage areas, etc.
- Exercise good judgment when maintenance problems occur. Report all maintenance/repair problems to a Property Manager.
- Assist other household staff as needed on a priority basis, i.e., moving furniture, lifting heavy objects, cleaning, etc.
- Run various errands, manage deliveries, and transport items as needed.
- Exercise open communication with other household staff.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
What You'll Bring
- Landscaping/grounds experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Experience with lawn machinery and power tools preferred.
- General knowledge and basic skill level in certain household maintenance trades, such as mechanical, plumbing, electrical etc.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; organized and reliable; high level of attention to detail.
- Responsibilities are conducted in and around the home(s) of the client of RDV. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a happy home environment.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Maintenance of grounds must be conducted around family’s activities, with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times. This requires flexibility to determine times which would be least intrusive to presence of family.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality in the business and personal matters of the family must be exercised at all times.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain Michigan Applicators License.
- Be willing to travel if asked by the Property Manager.
Essential Physical Demands
- Required to wear appropriate employer-provided safety equipment in performance of job.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet; occasional lifting to eighty (80) pounds.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to safely operate small landscape maintenance machinery, e.g. trimmers, leaf blower, hedge clippers, etc.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.