Director, Global Private Equity
Click here to apply on our job board!
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (“OA”), an affiliate of RDV Corporation (“RDV”), manages an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity and seeks to offer clients a single access point to middle-market private equity investment opportunities across private equity, private credit, and GP Stakes. OA continues to experience rapid growth, creating a fast-paced and dynamic work environment for its employees. As an affiliate of RDV, OA utilizes RDV's Talent Services team to coordinate employee recruiting initiatives.
The Director will primarily be responsible for the management and oversight of OA’s portfolio of primary private equity fund commitments and related co-investments. This individual will cover a dedicated set of the firm’s General Partner (“GP”) relationships and will support all investment and business development activities related to these relationships including (i) general portfolio monitoring for existing fund investments and related co-investments, (ii) sourcing, evaluating, and executing new fund commitments and co-investment opportunities, and (iii) production of portfolio performance reporting materials for internal purposes and for external reporting to the firm’s Limited Partners (“LPs”). Additionally, the Director will be responsible for the management of junior talent through the assignment and review of various work products and ownership of partnering in recruitment, training, and career development for the firm’s Analysts, Associates, and Vice Presidents.
Our Unique Benefits
At OA, we are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Competitive bonus program (position dependent).
- Grab and Go Deli/Market with employer-provided account credit of $650/year.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to 9 paid holidays.
- Fun culinary experiences and connecting with co-workers at monthly catered lunches, free of charge to employees.
- Employer paid parking in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You'll Do
- Proactively monitor and analyze a dedicated portfolio of private equity fund investments and related co-investments across the United States and Western Europe.
- Attend various GP meetings and events such as Annual Meetings, office visits, and off-site relationship building events to establish and deepen relationships with key GP personnel including deal partners and senior management.
- Attend select co-investment board meetings in accordance with OA’s board observation rights.
- Lead financial data gathering efforts for dedicated portfolio to support portfolio monitoring and investment valuation workstreams.
- Lead semi-annual co-investment valuations for dedicated portfolio; apply market value approach with support from junior talent to determine appropriate Fair Market Value and present recommendation to Chief Investment Officer (“CIO”).
- Utilize portfolio insights gained through various GP interactions and review of fund and co-investment financial performance reporting to produce various internal and external reporting detail.
- Work closely with the Managing Director (“MD”) for each assigned GP relationship to lead the underwriting of new fund commitment and related co-investment opportunities; Director will lead both the preparation of the investment memorandum and presentation of the opportunity to the respective investment committees.
- Lead the production of new fund commitment investment memorandums by synthesizing key quantitative and qualitative findings from review of various reports and datasets including the fund’s Private Placement Memorandum (“PPM”), Limited Partnership Agreement (“LPA”), general marketing materials, and portfolio performance track record data books, as well as independent market research and reference calls.
- Lead the production of co-investment investment memorandums to present key findings from the underwriting process including review of GP-provided investment memorandums and financial models, review of commercial and financial due diligence reports, general industry and end market research, and diligence discussions with GP deal teams and target company management teams.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree required; and advanced training in investment banking, private equity and/or other alternative investments. MBA preferred.
- 8-10+ years related work experience.
- Ability to maintain a humble and modest demeanor, focused on the shared success of the organization and its investors versus solely personal goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to forge meaningful relationships with colleagues and prospective new fund executives, creating an environment of open and trusting communication.
- Intellectually inquisitive and analytically strong.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in an entrepreneurial, yet collegial environment.
- Work independently and communicate conviction about investment recommendations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, coupled with a high level of maturity and professional presence.
- Identify and implement “best practices” while being flexible and fluid promoting change
- Ability to think strategically and at a detailed level.
- Have superior communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate and execute strategic initiatives.
- Must possess unquestionable integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to work as an effective team player.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management in a professional and highly confidential corporate environment.