Job Developer, H1-B One Workforce Grant
Job Developer, H1-B One Workforce Grant
Job Developer ' H1-B One Workforce Grant (2 positions available)
(Grant funded through 12/31/2024)
Job ID: 1571
October 6, 2023
Department: Training Solutions
Employee Group: https://www.grcc.edu/sites/default/files/docs/humanresources/meet_confer_handbook_2020-03.pdf Schedule: Full Time, Non-Exempt Compensation: $20.00 per hour
Reports to: Program Manager
Posting Closes: Open Until Filled
The Job Developer is responsible for promoting GRCC program participants to the employer community and liaising with employers to obtain job leads and to identify jobs. This includes working closely with the educationaltraining specialists to ensure positions reflect participants' needs, abilities, and employment goals. As well, the Job Developer will support and monitor clients in the initial stages of employment and maintain relations with employers. The Job Developer is expected to keep up with changes in the field, have current knowledge of the West Michigan job marketing and, together with their colleagues, develop and maintain innovative career programming that achieves the highest standards in employment practices.
• Initiate, develop and maintain on-going personal contacts with a variety of business and industry representatives and job placement/training agencies for the purpose of finding people gainful employment and advancement opportunities.
• Coordinate and conduct marketing and outreach activities to community agencies, organizations and employers.
• Make 'cold' calls to potential employers to explain the benefits and employment support services provided by programs(s) to employers, including addressing employer's employment skill needs.
• Assist participants in assessing their job skills for positions; instructs in job seeking, application procedures, resume writing, interview preparation and job retention skillsand attitudes.
• Research the internet, newspapers, agencies and other resources for job leads, locate jobs for participants who have successfully completed educational programs.
• Collect data from employers related to job orders, including job requirements and skills; matchjob skills with applicant qualifications; refer qualified applicants to employers and conduct necessary follow-up when applicants are placed in positions.
• Assure monitoring and documentation of each person's progress by developing and maintaining tracking and progress reports in a professional and timely manner as it pertains to the person's employment, individuals plan goals.
• Remain current on West Michigan labor market trends and most effective job search strategies, techniques and monitoring marketplace trends.
• Maintain and updateemployer database, employerand participant trackingsystem.
• Provide training and student employment performance feedback to educational training specialists,faculty, staff and programparticipants.
• Performs other relatedduties as assigned
• Regular attendance during normally scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
• Associates degree required, preferably in Business or Social Work.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 1 or more years of experience in any combination of the following areas: Manufacturing, Automation, Business, Education, and/or Workforce Development required.
• Prior sales, marketing, employment counseling or job development experience preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills. The ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Gathering information
• Coaching and listeningto guide students on employability skills
• Organizing, planning, problemsolving and prioritizing work
• Collecting and analyzingdata
• GRCC will comply with any mandated health and safety requirements. Compliance information is available on our http://www.grcc.edu/policies
• Candidates must have a valid driver's license and have the ability to drive or travel to employer locations and local community partner locations.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
GRCC is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobsSubmit a cover letter and resume. The opportunity to apply for this position will close at the end of the day on the close date referenced at the top of this job posting. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand RapidsCommunity College is an equal opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.
GRCC uses an Evidence Based Selection Process, where we make data driven hiring decisions to help mitigate bias throughout the hiring process. As part of this process, candidates will participate in assessments (cognitive and behavioral), reference checks and interviews.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4755124
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.