10 Month Faculty - College of Technology
10 Month Faculty - College of Technology
TITLE OF POSITION: Faculty - Technology
PAY CLASSIFICATION: F2010 - 10 Month Faculty
STATUS: 10 Month, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
SALARY: $75,000 - $82,000
The faculty position in the College of Technology, particularly in the areas of cybersecurity, programming, and computer networking, blends a teaching role with an advocacy role for the College of Technology with corporate partners. Teaching responsibilities will be located at the Lettinga campus. This is a 10-month academic position with a teaching load of 30 credits per academic year with alternative schedules and teaching load arranged based on the needs of the university.
As a Faculty member, this position is responsible for establishing and promoting an effective learning environment for students and successfully achieving learning outcomes for assigned courses. This position includes professional outreach to build strategic relationships with business and industry as well as developing and teaching academic curriculum designed to meet the present and future demands of computer professionals in business, industry and the corporate sectors.
These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Teach 30 credits per academic year. Alternative schedules may be arranged with prior approval of the Department Chair. Classes are to meet on time for the full allotted time.
• Prepared to teach in all locations and modalities including online (synchronous and asynchronous), in seat, and off-campus sites including dual/middle college.
• Available to teach day, night, weekend, and/or off-campus courses.
• Implement a learning environment consistent with the vision of the University in delivering practical education to assist students in their career direction.
• Assist the Department Chair in the development, review, and revision of a current and practical curriculum within the department.
• Participate equitably in committee assignments and University events.
• Work in concert with academic leadership to:
• Design new courses.
• Make recommendations and revise current courses.
• Evaluate and recommend texts and instructional materials.
• Participate in the assessment processes of the University.
• Participate in curriculum or institutional self-studies.
• Research job requirements and employment trends.
• Recruit professional representatives for Curriculum Advisory Committees.
• Regularly work with Admissions advisors for the purpose of explaining programs to potential students. Assist advisors and/or students, when needed, in class selection and program requirements.
• Assist in the resolution of issues and concerns of students.
• Maintain a cooperative attitude that provides for innovation and personal growth.
• Schedule and post office hours, and be available to respond to students' needs (minimum of ten hours per week).
• Assist in the supervision and placement of students during internships.
• Participate in scheduled faculty meetings, in-service and training programs, student orientations, convocation, and commencement ceremonies. Faculty members will be available to attend meetings scheduled prior to the start of the academic year and after the end of the academic year. Faculty will be available to address needs prior to and after the end of the academic year.
• Prepare an annual professional development plan, complete professional development activities, and submit adequate documentation.
• Maintain current active membership in at least one (1) relevant professional association in the discipline.
• Participate in the evaluation process(s) according to the prescribed schedule, including student evaluations of the instructor at the end of each course. Criteria may include:
• Attendance at meetings, in-services, and commencement ceremonies.
• Participation in curriculum development.
• Timely submission of grades related to student documentation.
• Teaching methods.
• Professional development and/or memberships.
• Retention activities.
• Student assessment.
• Maintain all records in compliance with University policies.
• Periodically work in the discipline as approved by the University through sabbaticals.
• Assist in the preparation of accreditation documentation, self-studies, and reports; participate in on-site accreditation visits, when requested.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
• Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity or related field.
• Doctoral Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity or related field preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience teaching in higher education.
• Minimum of five years professional experience in a related field.
• Demonstrated credentials and knowledge in discipline.
• Experience in planning and developing courses.
• Professional manner and attire.
• Must be able to critically think, analyze data, read and process detailed information in written form.
• Ability to teach one to four hours per class.
• Ability to attend all classroom sessions on time and be prepared for each class.
• Willingness to continue education.
• Commitment to life-long learning and professional development.
• Demonstrated ability to teach classes in multiple formats including in-seat and online.
• Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
• Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
• Ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
• Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the university.
• Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain). Ability to lift classroom materials, etc., up to 50 lbs.
• Occasional travel, including overnight stays.Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
DAVENPORT UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Revision Date: 10-12-2017
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4448952
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.