At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 150 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve. Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
WORK LOCATION: Offsite
IPEx, the corporate training and organizational development department of Davenport University hire facilitators to lead sessions in a variety of topics to corporate clients and the general public. IPEx is looking for subject matter experts in the areas of leadership, management, project management, finance, and other business focused topics.
In a corporate training setting, collaboration and consensus are essential ways of working. Simple in concept but not so easy to achieve, creating an environment where groups can be productive and effective in achieving their goals is a facilitator's primary role. Facilitate means “to make easy.” As a facilitator, your job is to make the training easier for the participants. Your main task is to help the team or group increase its effectiveness by improving its processes. A facilitator manages the method of the training. Facilitators are concerned with how decisions are made instead of what decisions are reached.
• Lead the session using lecture, activities, and discussion
• Intervene if the discussion starts to fragment
• Identify and intervene in dysfunctional behavior
• Prevent dominance and include everyone
• Summarize discussions and conversations
• Bring closure to the meeting with an end result or action
• Continually focusing on and attending to the group
• Being comfortable with ambiguity and information overload
• Processing misconceptions and emotional reactions
• Focusing exclusively on process rather than content
• Helping the group develop so they can ultimately work without facilitation
• Provide GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
• Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Relevant/Current Degree/certifications/licenses for teaching subject matter.
• Enjoy working with the public and be able to relate well with diverse students, faculty, and staff.
• Demonstrate a professional manner and attire in a business environment.
• Demonstrate effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication behaviors.
• Demonstrated effective knowledge and use of presentation, facilitation, and technology skills.
• Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze data, and read/process written information.
• Teaching experience (preferably in higher education or training) and/or experience in planning/developing courses preferred.
• Prolonged sitting and standing.
• Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain).
• Ability to lift classroom materials, etc. up to twenty-five (25 pounds.)
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4623546
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.