Who we are: Davenport University is a private, non-profit university focused on offering a practical curriculum and the latest degree programs. Our graduates are prepared to exceed employer expectations transform communities, and change lives. At Davenport, we believe every person may achieve his or her dream. Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
The College of Health Professions
Davenport University's College of Health Professions prepares students to achieve the highest levels of academic and professional performance, leading them to excel and advance in the complex healthcare environment of the 21st century. The College delivers cutting edge, high quality healthcare programs that maintain the highest levels of discipline specific accreditation and certification (CCNE, ACEN, AUPHA, CAHIIM, MAERB, ACOTE). With significant programmatic growth since 2011, the College is focused on creating a culture of innovation and creativity by responding quickly to the changing landscape of the industry by maintaining a standard of excellence in health education.
WORK LOCATION: Lansing
DEPARTMENT: Academic-College of HealthProf
JOB SUMMARY: Our Adjunct Faculty members are a very valuable asset to the DU team and programs, bringing practical experience, current working knowledge, and a passion for their profession to our students who have diverse interests, abilities, needs and expectations.
Adjunct Faculty bring clinical expertise to the clinical learning environment and transfer their knowledge to students by establishing and promoting an effective learning environment for students with diverse interests, abilities, needs and expectations.
• Demonstrated knowledge in assigned clinical teaching discipline.
• Teaches clinical courses as contracted each semester.
• Attend and be prepared for scheduled clinical sessions. Provide instructional opportunities for entire scheduled learning time. Pre and post clinical sessions.
• Contribute positively to the advancement of academics through:
• Understanding the Davenport University Nursing curriculum.
• Preparing instructional course syllabi and materials.
• May provide input and feedback on selected textbooks and instructional resource and electronic materials used in Lab, Didactic and clinical.
• Conduct clinical in accordance with established course outlines and approved instructional materials.
• Guide students in their educational processes by referring them for assistance regarding their program/schedules, academic progress, specialized services within the University, and/or up-to-date information about educational/occupational opportunities.
• Be accessible to assist students with questions and in completion of assignments as delineated in the course syllabus.
• Access information on current issues through University communications (i.e. e-mail and print correspondence, website, and publications).
• Maintain all records-student/classroom/department (i.e. grades, attendance, etc.)- in compliance with the University Instructional Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Maintain and demonstrate a positive approach that provides for innovation and personal growth.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Maintain and demonstrate a high level of professional ethics.
• Participate in evaluation process for clinical which includes; clinical agency and site evaluation.
• Bachelors in Nursing required, Masters preferred.
• Unencumbered / Current nursing license.
• BLS certification required.
• Minimum of three (3) years current professional experience related to assigned clinical practice area of teaching.
• Relevant/Current certifications/licenses as required by teaching assignment.
• Ability to teach 8 or 12 hr clinical.
• Enjoy working with the public and be able to relate well with diverse students, faculty, and staff.
• Demonstrate a professional manner and attire.
• Demonstrate effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication behaviors.
• Demonstrated effective knowledge and use of presentation, facilitation, and technology skills.
• Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze data, and read/process written information.
• Business/Professional environment.
• Prolonged sitting and standing.
• Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain).
• Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25 pounds.)
• Ability to attend 1-2 days of clinical site training/onboarding.
Benefits and Perks:
• A workplace that is meaningful, fulfilling, and enriching; a place where you can grow your career, as well as make a lasting impact on students, fellow co-workers, and the communities in which we serve.
• Variable pay range based on education level, teaching experience at DU, and class level.
• Flexible hours while earning additional income.
• Tuition Remission
• Davenport 403(b) Retirement Plan - make pretax contributions to the DU retirement plan directly from your DU paycheck.
• Access to Professional Development
• Free Parking - Free parking permit each academic year.
• Library Services - onsite and virtual
• Fitness Center Access - full use of the fitness center, athletic courts, and the indoor track that is located in the student center on the W.A. Lettinga Campus.
• Athletic Pass to DU Sporting Events
• Bookstore/On-line Spirt Store Discount.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4467123
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.