TITLE OF POSITION: Instructional Designer
STATUS: Full time (Exempt)
DEPARTMENT: Academic Systems / Global Campus
LOCATION: Grand Rapids Lettinga Campus / Hybrid
REPORTS TO: Director of Academic Success Services
The Instructional Designer will partner with the Faculty to create engaging courses that are designed around the Quality Matters rubric. This person will work with Faculty to ensure students are provided clear directions and guidelines for course requirements as well as consult with faculty for methods to assess student mastery of outcomes appropriately. As an Instructional Designer, this person will lead Quality Matters alignment during the development of courses. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Manage course development projects from planning to implementation in accordance with instructional design principles including QM. Develop and manage course development workflow and status in accordance with tight deadlines.
• Applies project management skills as it leads in the design, redesign, development and delivery of distance-learning courses; identifies problems and recommends solutions utilizing QM design principles.
• Provide one-on-one consulting sessions with Faculty through video conferencing, email, collaborative documents and face to face interactions.
• Work within the Blackboard Learning Management System to create courses and update existing courses for the delivery of quality instruction to learners. This will include troubleshooting issues, working with specific tools, and other educational tools.
• Edit instructional materials for grammar, clarity, consistency and accuracy of content.
• Remain current on technology and innovations in online learning, initiatives, and trends to provide ideas and recommendations.
• Understand and adhere to a student-centered philosophy of learning where the student learning experience is the focal point of the online educational delivery.
• Ensure ADA compliance (section 504/508 and WCAG 2.0) in all courses through the use of appropriate software and technology.
• Training of faculty while championing for the effective use of teaching and learning technologies.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
• Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred (preferably in education, instructional design, instructional technology, business, or IT).
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in instructional design applying online instructional design principles, practices, and techniques to online learning design and development.
• Not required, but preferred - knowledge of the Quality Matters rubric.
• This position requires knowledge of online course delivery format, assessment tools, student needs, design format, and creativity.
• Requires knowledge of research skills, organizational skills to manage several projects simultaneously with collaborative team skills.
• An understanding of ADA compliance, Intellectual property and permissions issues.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, self-starter, flexible, and detail/results-oriented attitude.
• Requires a constant learning of new material, software, and processes.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
• Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain).
DAVENPORT UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Revision Date: 10-12-2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4796947
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.