Director Grant Development
Director Grant Development
LOCATION: Kraft Lake - Grand Rapids, Michigan*
*Hybrid schedule possible*
DEPARTMENT: Office of Advancement
REPORTS TO: Executive Director - Grant Development
PAY RANGE: $60,000 - $80,000
As the Director of Grant Development, you will be responsible for pursuing grant funding from a variety of sources, including government agencies, foundations, and other grant-making institutions to enhance University programming, support scholarships, capital projects, and University strategic initiatives. You will be the lead writer in preparing grant proposals and serve as the project manager for a subset of the University's grant portfolio. You will need exceptional writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively communicate the University's Vision 2025 strategic initiative https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.davenport.edu/elevate&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1695677054872778&usg=AOvVaw0mpdjTajl7O2sNDYpYJoTa.
• Coordinate the development and preparation of grant applications through clearly written, compelling, and persuasive grant proposals to secure funding from various sources.
• Collaborate with administrators, faculty, and staff to gather information, data, and budget details necessary for grant proposals, facilitate terms, and provide guidance related to all grant proposals and awards.
• Act as the project manager for a portfolio of grant projects that's responsible for overseeing the full grant lifecycle including proposal submission, tracking application deadlines, and maintaining records of submitted and awarded grants.
• Identify potential funding sources and maintain a database of grant opportunities in support of strategic University initiatives.
• Prepare and submit accurate and timely grant reports to grantors, ensuring compliance with grant requirements and guidelines.
If you have the following:
• A Bachelor's degree in a related field is required. Masters degree preferred.
• 5 or more years of grant writing/grant fundraising experience required.
• Current knowledge of state and federal agencies regulations and procedures applicable to grants.
• Demonstrated record of developing proposals and obtaining grants from federal, state, and private sectors.
• Demonstrated excellent written communication and proposal preparation skills.
• Experience facilitating group meetings for the purpose of developing projects or initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems. Microsoft Office suite experience required.
• Experience with Raiser's Edge Database is preferred.
Our culture, benefits and perks Empower U with:
• Freedom to grow. We offer free or reduced tuition for staff, spouses and dependents. Nationally recognized internal training and leadership programs, and career development. Is your program not available at DU? Ask about Tuition Assistance.
• A caring culture DU values work-life balance and offers generous and flexible paid time off, 403(b) with an employer contribution plus the opportunity for an additional employer match with an employee contribution, paid volunteer time off, relocation benefits and more…
• A Healthier U. Wellness program, free use of Athletic Facilities, Employee Discounts, and access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP.)
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Davenport, we believe that engaging diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to achieving educational and institutional excellence. We invite you to join us as we band together to create an environment of equity and inclusivity that leverages diverse life experiences, ideas, backgrounds and perspectives. We respect diversity and are committed to fostering an environment of support, inclusiveness and learning, both in the workplace and throughout the application process. With that in mind, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, Veterans and the LGBTQ + community. We recognize that not all job seekers have all the preferred qualifications listed in the job ad, but we strongly recommend that you apply if you meet most of the criteria.
About Davenport University:
• At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 155 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve.
Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
EEO-Davenport University is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.
Link to full job descriptionhttps://www.google.com/url?q=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P4456T1xhigNvRn9i_1ZihACBfTimY44/edit?usp%3Dsharing%26ouid%3D111736123178183722757%26rtpof%3Dtrue%26sd%3Dtrue&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1695677054875452&usg=AOvVaw303xFu1XV8vvMtnW_DR79thttps://www.google.com/url?q=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P4456T1xhigNvRn9i_1ZihACBfTimY44/edit?usp%3Dsharing%26ouid%3D111736123178183722757%26rtpof%3Dtrue%26sd%3Dtrue&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1695677054875582&usg=AOvVaw2lqSsaCNlDr-81CQzjiPbv
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4659111
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.