ADA Testing Oversight
ADA Testing Oversight
TITLE OF POSITION: Testing Coordinator - ADA
STATUS: Limited Part-time
REPORTS TO: Campus Director
PAY: $15/hour up to $2,500 per semester
This position partners with the Student Access Department at Davenport University to oversee ADA related testing accommodations. The Testing Coordinator will work with the accommodation approved students and their faculty to schedule testing in the designated location at their specific campus. In addition, the Testing Coordinator will set up the appropriate ADA accommodations, coordinate the testing check in/check out process, and proctor the assessments. The Testing Coordinator will need to be detail oriented as they manage the documentation related to both designated testing location data and accommodations, and be able to execute procedures communicated to them. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Train, certify, and keep updated certifications for testing network partnerships that Davenport University maintains to deliver educational exams.
• Understand and abide by the designated testing location guidelines, and the procedures for each exam scheduled in conjunction with the faculty requests.
• Maintain the confidentiality and security of the tests and the testing environment, as well as student disability related accommodations.
• Provide proctoring to all testing that occurs within the designated testing space.
• Report any occurrences that fall outside designated testing area guidelines to the Office of Student Conduct.
• Maintain the confidentiality of all testing candidates and their subject matter.
• Greet students, verify identification, explain the testing process, assist with third party software management to begin/end a test, and help examinees with technical issues during testing.
• Provide all appropriate accommodations for each student as outlined by their approved disability documentation.
• Enter data and maintain attendance records through various computer software programs such as Microsoft Office and Google Suites technology.
• Communicate with Davenport University partners in a professional and timely manner including but not limited to faculty and the Student Access staff.
• Demonstrate a calm, professional, positive and friendly demeanor throughout the testing process answering questions tactfully and appropriately.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Provide GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
• Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Prior proctoring experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to learn, follow and execute established procedures and guidelines.
• Demonstrated ability to set and accomplish goals, work under pressure and meet deadlines; attention to detail and multi-tasking skills a must.
• Demonstrated ability to operate a variety of office equipment (printer, copier, fax, scanner).
• Demonstrated strong customer service commitment with specific experience with students preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
• Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
• Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain). No regular lifting requirements.
• Ability to work an irregular schedule based on testing requests. Additional hours during peak times may be required.
DAVENPORT UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Revision Date: 09-25-2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4659102
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.