LOCATION: Grand Rapids Letting Campus
Hourly pay rate: $18.00-$20.00
Actual pay offered will be commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience, and pay equity both internal and external.
The Facilities II position is responsible for the maintenance of the assigned location to ensure a safe, sanitary, secure and orderly learning and work environment for all students, faculty, staff and visitors. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Use the computerized work order system, the computerized energy management system, and the computerized lighting control system to track and perform routine maintenance (adjustment, repair, replacement and preventative) to the facility, including but not limited to electrical systems, switches and outlets, lawn irrigation systems, Sloan valves, HVAC systems and related components, drywall patching and painting.
• Maintain and ensure grounds and parking lots. During the winter months, shovel/salt sidewalks and ADA ramps.
• Monitor contacts and contracts with vendors/contractors to ensure efficient delivery of services and end-product.
• Maintain inventory of maintenance, housekeeping and grounds supplies and equipment.
• Work is performed in an indoor/outdoor environment involving prolonged sitting, standing, walking and work in potentially inclement weather (four season climate).
Awesome if You Have:
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
• Three (3) years prior maintenance experience required.
• Familiarity and experience with tools of the trade: Electrical, plumbing, etc
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to: criminal background check, employment reference checks, and drug/alcohol screening.
• A valid Michigan vehicle operator's license or the ability to obtain one prior to starting.
• Knowledge of all proper safety procedures and regulations as related to this position.
• The ability to become forklift certified
Extra Awesome If You Have:.
• Certifications in job specific areas of expertise.
• A certification in forklift operation.
Our culture, benefits and perks Empower U with:
Freedom to grow. We offer free or reduced tuition for staff, spouses and dependents. Nationally recognized internal training and leadership programs, and career development. Is your program not available at DU? Ask about Tuition Assistance.
A caring culture DU values work-life balance and offers generous and flexible paid time off, 403(b) with an employer contribution plus the opportunity for an additional employer match with an employee contribution, paid volunteer time off, relocation benefits and more…
A Healthier U. Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Wellness program, free use of Athletic Facilities, Employee Discounts, and access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP.)
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Davenport, we believe that engaging diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to achieving educational and institutional excellence. We invite you to join us as we band together to create an environment of equity and inclusivity that leverages diverse life experiences, ideas, backgrounds and perspectives. We respect diversity and are committed to fostering an environment of support, inclusiveness and learning, both in the workplace and throughout the application process. With that in mind, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, Veterans and the LGBTQ + community. We recognize that not all job seekers have all the preferred qualifications listed in the job ad, but we strongly recommend that you apply if you meet most of the criteria.
About Davenport University:
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 155 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve.
Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
EEO-Davenport University is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4451174
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.