LOCATION: W.A. Lettinga Campus - Grand Rapids, Michigan*
DEPARTMENT: Quality and Effectiveness
PAY RANGE: $60,000 - $65,000
You will support project owners in strategy execution through the use of tools and best practices recognized by the project management discipline. You will be responsible for establishing and developing standardized methods and materials as well as training and guiding project implementation teams to adhere to a university-wide project implementation protocol. Scope of support materials and training includes: 1) project initiation, 2) development of implementation plans, 3) executing activities and tasks, 4) monitoring and controlling, and 5) project closure and transition.
• Establish and develop standardized methods and materials that reflect project management best practices.
• Provide training and guidance to project implementation teams that adhere to the established university-wide project implementation protocol.
• Support the project owner in the development of project plans that include project requirements, resource requirements, and implementation schedules.
• Aid in the transition from strategic priorities developed during annual planning to solidified projects.
• Maintains organizational level log of projects.
• Act as the expert resource for all formal project implementation-related activities within Davenport University.
• Assist in the university's planning process with a focus on bridging the gap between strategy and strategy execution.
You will love this job if you are:
• A collaborator and contributor to team goals
• Willing to support others on the team to ensure progress toward our common objectives.
• Despite a busy task list, you're organized and productive.
• Someone that loves fostering inter-departmental relationships.
Awesome if You Have:
• Bachelor's Degree in management, project management, information technology or related field required.
• Minimum 1 - 3 years of project management experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, develop goals, meet deadlines, and accomplish goals while prioritizing workloads.
Extra Awesome If You Have:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (or equivalent) preferred.
• Preferred Process Improvement skills
• Demonstrated ability to think logically, analyze data, and process detailed information.
Our culture, benefits and perks Empower U with:
• Freedom to grow. We offer free or reduced tuition for staff, spouses and dependents. Nationally recognized internal training and leadership programs, and career development. Is your program not available at DU? Ask about Tuition Assistance.
• A caring culture DU values work-life balance and offers generous and flexible paid time off, 403(b) with an employer contribution plus the opportunity for an additional employer match with an employee contribution, paid volunteer time off, relocation benefits and more…
• A Healthier U. Wellness program, free use of Athletic Facilities, Employee Discounts, and access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP.)Diversity and Inclusion:
At Davenport, we believe that engaging diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to achieving educational and institutional excellence. We invite you to join us as we band together to create an environment of equity and inclusivity that leverages diverse life experiences, ideas, backgrounds and perspectives. We respect diversity and are committed to fostering an environment of support, inclusiveness and learning, both in the workplace and throughout the application process. With that in mind, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, Veterans and the LGBTQ + community. We recognize that not all job seekers have all the preferred qualifications listed in the job ad, but we strongly recommend that you apply if you meet most of the criteria.
About Davenport University:
• At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 155 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve.
Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
• EEO-Davenport University is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.
Link to full job description CLICK HERE
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4455857
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.