(Student) Accounting Technology Assistant
TITLE OF POSITION: Accounting Technology Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Student Employee
STATUS: Temporary, Non-exempt
LOCATION: Grand Rapids - Lettinga
REPORTS TO: General Accounting
The primary focus of the Accounting Assistant is to assist the accounting department managers (general accounting manager, accounts payable manager, accounts receivable manager, and payroll manager) with various daily responsibilities in the accounting department. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating files and record keeping systems.
• Generate reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets and graphics, and other materials using various software programs.
• Handle sensitive financial documents and maintain appropriate confidentiality.
• Possess critical thinking skills to conduct special projects, data analysis, research and assignments as needed.
• Investigate and aid in the selection of new solutions to improve overall accounting services.
• Organize and maintain Accounting records, documentation, and other inventory as needed.
• Provide GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers
• Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at as an undergraduate student (or 3 credit hours as a graduate student) while meeting the standards of academic progress
• Demonstrates the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Exhibits the ability to learn new software/adapt to new technologies quickly and confidently
• Shows the ability to complete a project with efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail
• Possesses good communication skills (including both written and verbal communication, conflict resolution, and confidentiality) that transcend diverse audiences
• Demonstrates motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University
• Some experience with ERP or Banner software is a plus.
• Proficient with MS Office and Google Docs
• Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain).
• Some travel between locations required (own transportation). No regular lifting requirements.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4802201
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.