Information Technology Architect
Information Technology Architect
TITLE OF POSITION: IT Architect
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology - Network
LOCATION: Grand Rapids - W.A. Lettinga Campus
REPORTS TO: Director for Network Computing and Telecommunications Services
Salary: $80,000 - $83,000
This position has oversight for all University Data Center, Storage Area Network, Linux server and virtual infrastructure design, architecture, administration and management. Duties include architecting, designing, engineering, provisioning virtual infrastructures, new servers, imaging, monitoring and other daily routines. Provide architecture and engineering to system wide server networks for all Davenport University campuses. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Architect, design, administer and manage Davenport equipment at colocation data center and disaster recovery colocation data center.
• Architect, design, manage and maintain the Universities virtual infrastructure.
• Daily monitoring and maintenance of 100+ servers.
• Architect, administer and maintain the University ITS Storage Area Network, including the controllers, FC switches and disk arrays
• Administer backup strategies for all University Servers, including file replications and script management.
• Design and implement standards and guidelines for Linux Servers, SAN equipment and virtual hypervisors; provide assistance in developing future strategies.
• Assure University Server backup compliance with ITS Disaster Recovery Process.
• Test and apply new software and maintenance patches, including patch management services to all virtual infrastructures, Linux systems, SAN equipment and hypervisors.
• Provide advance troubleshooting for SAN, VSAN, Hyperconverged, SAS and fiber connections and solutions.
• Design and implement security best practices when any system or process is put into production.
• Schedule, coordinate and perform SAN upgrades foreseeing possible complex SAN issues and resolutions with minimal disruption.
• Work with and coordinate virtual infrastructure resources as requested within ITS and areas of academics.
• Coordinate server administration activities with other ITS teams and end user groups to ensure compliance with all ITS Network Server standards.
• Administer and maintain all security certificates with all University servers.
• Administrative scripting with Python and Bash.
• Provide advanced technical support to the Customer Support Center (CSC) in the event of Linux server, SAN or virtual infrastructure issues that may arise.
• Serve on appropriate ITS teams and committees, as needed.
• Available via cell phone after hours for network outage assistance.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
• Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• 5+ years of experience with Virtual network and infrastructure design and implementation
• 3+ years of experience in managing IT solution deployments through the full software development lifecycle.
• 3+ years designing and working with Storage Area Networks.
• Strong experience working in data centers.
• Demonstrated professional experience using a configuration management tool. (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
• Demonstrated ability to think logically, analyze data, and process detailed information.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Self-motivated and directed in individual work assignments.
• Show high degree of initiative, dependability and the ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
• Must be able to provide exceptional customer service at all times.
• Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
• Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
• Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain). Some travel between locations required (own transportation).
• No regular lifting requirements, occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
DAVENPORT UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Revision Date: 7/6/2323
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4420485
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.