PART TIME Faculty-Science Lab Coordinator
PART TIME Faculty-Science Lab Coordinator
TITLE OF POSITION: Science Lab Coordinator-PT
STATUS: Part-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Great Lakes Bay Campus
REPORTS TO: Associate Department Chair
The Science Lab Coordinator - Science Lab supports the Associate Department Chair (ADC) and science department in the effective delivery of high-quality laboratory courses at the specified campus. This position is responsible for preparing all materials, chemical solutions and equipment that support science laboratory activities. This position will be present at the beginning of all science lab courses and be available for the duration of such, as much as possible, to assist and support faculty in their lab instruction. This position will also maintain lab supply inventories, coordinate the maintenance of lab equipment, order lab supplies and communicate with lab instructors to assess their needs for lab supplies and maintain the tidiness, cleanliness and safety of the lab facilities. This position has a teaching load of 12 credits per year. The balance of activities will include the aforementioned lab coordinating responsibilities for up to 24 hours per week. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Coordinate university science laboratory activities to assist faculty in teaching laboratory courses.
• Recommend to supervisor operating supplies and the capital equipment necessary to support the program.
• Ensure compliance with appropriate guidelines and regulations.
• Train staff and faculty on laboratory usage and safety requirements and incidental procedures
• Hire and oversee any student lab assistants, if applicable.
• Create lab schedules.
• Responsible for organization, cleanliness and restocking of labs.
• Consult with the supervisor to determine equipment purchase priorities based on budget allowances, condition of existing equipment, and scheduled laboratory activities.
• Prepare and put in place equipment and media scheduled for use during laboratory teaching sessions.
• Demonstrate care and use of equipment to staff and faculty using the laboratory.
• Maintain a chemical inventory and SDS notebook.
• Identifies, classifies, labels, and stores hazardous waste for disposal and coordinates its disposal.
• Research, update and maintain lab safety materials including SDS's, OSHA material and vendor websites in teaching laboratories.
• Teaches 12 credits per academic year. Oversees the appropriate number of lab sections per session to balance workload and maintain 24 hours per week.
• Participates with the science department on textbook selection and CRIR committees as requested.
• May be required to aid in the development of courses as needed.
• Supports the ADC and science department in the assessment and measurement of course and/or program effectiveness.
• Addresses any academic concern or issues related to the class, instructor, or student issues with the ADC and provides feedback and coaching to adjunct faculty with ADC direction.
• Attends meetings with different functional teams as required.
• Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree or equivalent in a Life Science discipline required.
• Experience in a laboratory setting conducting biology, anatomy & physiology, microbiology and chemistry experiments equivalent to a university setting essential.
• Minimum 2 years of college-level science laboratory teaching experience, at Davenport preferred.
• Certifications in CPR, First Aid and Blood borne pathogens, DOT, EPA and OSHA Hazardous Material training recommended.
• Outstanding leadership and management skills.
• Experience in planning and developing laboratories.
• Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
• Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
• Business office/classroom & laboratory environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain).
• No regular lifting requirements, occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
DAVENPORT UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4821348
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.